Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A coffee cake version of a great smoothie combination! Bananas and strawberries (or raspberries if you prefer). This recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens "Old-Fashioned Home Baking." Prep time is a guess.
- 283.49 g packagesliced frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed or 283.49 g package frozen raspberries
- 19.71 ml cornstarch
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml margarine or 118.29 ml butter
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 59.14 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 78.07 ml chopped unsalted peanuts
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml margarine, softened or 14.79 ml butter
- Grease and lightly flour a 9x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a saucepan, combine UNDRAINED berries and cornstarch. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. If desired, sieve berry mixture; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1/2 cup margarine with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 30 seconds or until softened. Add 2/3 cup sugar; beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on medium speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine banana, milk and vanilla.
- Alternately add flour mixture and banana mixture to beaten egg mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Spoon the berry mixture on top.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over berry mixture. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Serve warm.