Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 passion fruit, halved
- Preheat oven to 170oC. Grease a 6.5cm deep, 11cm x 21cm (base) loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
- Combine coconut, sugar and flour in a large bowl. Whisk sour cream, egg and vanilla together in a bowl. Add bananas to egg mixture and stir until well combined. Add banana mixture to coconut mixture. Gently stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand loaf in pan for 15 minutes. Lift onto a wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
- To make passionfruit glaze, sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add passionfruit pulp and stir to form a thick paste. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds or until warm and runny. Pour glaze over loaf. Serve.