Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Need your husband to finish his honey do list? Give this a try.
- 354.88 ml ketchup
- 2 (680.38 g) can beer
- 177.44 ml red wine vinegar
- 59.14 ml minced fresh cilantro
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 9.85 ml cumin
- 7.39 ml salt
- 4.92 ml Tabasco sauce
- Combine ketchup, HALF of beer, vinegar, cilantro, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, cumin, salt, Tabasco in medium sauce pan. Simmer 1/2 hour.
- When husband comes in and asks, "What smells so good?" mention the honey do list and hand him one cold beer.
- When is list is complete, or at least a valiant effort has been made, serve sauce on chicken, beef, or pork. Best if brushed on during grilling and served on side of cooked meat.
This was delicious!!! I used it on pork ribs and it was perfect. Sticky, sweet and spicy all at once. I used a local ale and NO cilantro - just can't eat that stuff! Made for 1,2,3 Tag. Thanks! :)
Yep! DH wanted to know what the wonderful smell was. He really isn't a beer drinker although I did have some left over from a "Guy thing", which I used. He loved the sauce. I did simmer it till it thicken. About 2 hours. It has a wonderful spicy flavor with a bite. I served mine over grilled chicken breast and also along side of it. Yum! Thanks for posting. :)
Excellent sauce!!!!! I made this to use on some fall off the bone babyback ribs. Since I was only grilling one rack of ribs, I cut the recipe in half. This is easy to get together with items I normally have on hand and I let this simmer while my ribs were cooking in the oven. Thanks Vicki for sharing this great BBQ sauce!!! Made for 123 Tag.