Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mark Bittman; How to Cook Everything Vegetarian
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled and halved (or quartered)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (or more to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Toss the strawberries with the vinegar and black pepper in a big salad bowl; let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add in the arugula, sprinkle with salt, and toss again.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss gently one last time; taste and adjust seasoning; serve.
Wow! I saw this go by when you posted it yesterday, and knew I'd have to try it -- I had a pile of fresh strawberries to use up, and a bag of baby arugula. Friends (big Bittman fans) had told me this is great, but I didn't quite believe 'em ... but you're all right! This was wonderful! With fresh, sweet strawberries, the really expensive balsamic vinegar, and baby arugula, this makes a fantastic salad. Thanks so much for posting this!