Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Love...love...love roasted beets! From Oceanmist.
Make and share this Balsamic Roasted Beets With Baby Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On cookie sheet (can line with foil) spread beets evenly. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt and herbs de provence. Roast uncovered in preheated oven for 1 hour or until beets are very tender, stirring half way through (test beets with a sharp knife for doneness; should be very tender). When tender, remove beets from oven and allow to cool on sheet for 10 minutes.
- In large bowl place warm beets and balsamic vinegar. Stir to coat, cover bowl and refrigerate until ready to use (marinated at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours).
- To serve, place spinach on large serving platter. Top with marinated beets, including balsamic marinade. Sprinkle beets with goat cheese and toasted pecans.
- Note: May garnish with six fresh figs that have been halved and grilled cut side down on grill pan. Serve and refrigerate any left over salad.