Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love the balsamic vinegar in this simple herb dressing. You can vary the herbs according to your taste. Make it up at least an hour before using and leave it at room temperature. Lovely on a green salad
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (well aged is best)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon or 1 tablespoon fresh chives or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Whisk together the vinegar,salt, pepper& herbs.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Just let it drizzle in as you whisk.
- The vinaigrette will thicken slightly as you whisk.
This was just OK; I had really high hopes for it. I used very good quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar, but it just didn't do it for me.
Great dressing, Bergy! I used basil as the herb (my favorite). I love the tip about leaving it at room temperature. So often when I refrigerate my dressings, the oil starts to solidify. I thank you for this recipe and for sure, my husband thanks you. He orders this dressing everytime we go out to eat. Delicious!