Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was looking for something quick and easy to make. It's always so hot to cook in the summer so I wanted something I could cook outside on the grill or toss together as a pasta salad. I was pleasently surprised how well this recipe turned out and it was exactly what I was trying to create for a summer pasta salad for dinner. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, sliced small
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced small
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh asparagus, chopped
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- Marinate chicken with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and balsamic vinegar salad dressing.
- Set aside while making the glaze.
- In a small saucepan, mix brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, orange juice, minced garlic, and olive oil.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Grill chicken over medium coals until done.
- Slice into strips when cool and set aside until pasta is ready to assemble.
- Add olive oil to a heated skillet.
- Place prepared vegetable in the olive oil and saute until tender, about 15 mintues.
- While vegetables are cooking, boil water and cook pasta until tender.
- Drain pasta and place in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, sauted vegetables, and balsamic vinegar glaze.
- Toss and serve.
- Add parmesan cheese if desired.