Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Not sure how I acquired this recipe. I love brussels sprouts, and this is a great way to prepare them....so easy too!!
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine brussels sprouts and onion in medium bowl with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, salt and pepper, tossing gently.
- Spread on lightly greased baking sheet; roast 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, saute shallot in remaining olive oil in small skillet over medium high heat 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add balsamic vinegar and cook 5 minutes more.
- Stir in rosemary and pour over sprouts.
This recipe is so good. The brussels sprouts have a great taste and they were cooked to perfection. I used a yellow onion and dried rosemary. The sauce with balsamic vinegar is great. Thanks carmen :) Made for Best of 2011 tag game
Wow these are delicious! The rosemary balsamic glaze pushes the yummy roasted Brussels sprouts right over the top. Made as written and thought the rosemary was a wonderful addition. Would not change a thing and will be making again. Thanks so much for the post.