Recipe by carmenskitchen
Not sure how I acquired this recipe. I love brussels sprouts, and this is a great way to prepare them....so easy too!!
Top Review by Boomette
This recipe is so good. The brussels sprouts have a great taste and they were cooked to perfection. I used a yellow onion and dried rosemary. The sauce with balsamic vinegar is great. Thanks carmen :) Made for Best of 2011 tag game
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine brussels sprouts and onion in medium bowl with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, salt and pepper, tossing gently.
- Spread on lightly greased baking sheet; roast 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, saute shallot in remaining olive oil in small skillet over medium high heat 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add balsamic vinegar and cook 5 minutes more.
- Stir in rosemary and pour over sprouts.