Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
(These three salsas come from "The Great Salsa Book" by Mark Miller, Mark Kiffin & John Harrisson; this is a great collection of salsas . Since I love garlic, I love to fix up a batch of the Salsa Romana to enjoy with tortilla chips instead of boring old Mexican-style salsa.) Balsamic Berry Salsa
- 1 pint strawberry, stemmed and sliced
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon full-bodied red wine (such as cabernet)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Thoroughly combine strawberries, balsamic vinegar, wine, sugar, and black pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Serving Suggestions: As a summer appetizer, a dessert salsa (with whipped cream or mascarpone), or with pork.