Baklava Cookies Good Stuff by Top Chef Spike Mendelsohn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make cookies, in a bowl, mix together flour, walnuts, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a second bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Slowly blend in the flour nut-mixture.
- Using your hands, form small, round dough balls and place them on ungreased baking sheets. Gently press down in the balls to slightly flatten each cookie.
- To make the glaze, heat the honey, butter, vanilla, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a large saucepan over low heat until syrupy. Set aside until ready to use.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minute or until golden. Remove from the oven and drizzle the glaze over the cookies. Let stand on the sheets until cooled completely.