Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delish.. Zucchini recipe, with cumin, ground beef,red bell pepper and corn. You can use mexicorn ( 1 each 12 oz. can) instead of corn and red pepper. This recipe comes from an old Country Living Recipe Book. . When I make this for the kids, I omit the cumin. Quick and easy!!
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 118.29 ml onion (roughly chopped)
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper (roughly chopped)
- 680.38 g zucchini (sliced-about 5 cups)
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml red pepper (crushed)
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 3 ear corn (shaved-or 1 cup frozen or canned corn)
- parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese
- Saute' ground beef,chopped red pepper ( omit if using mexicorn),onion and garlic in medium skillet, until meat is well browned.
- Add zucchini, salt,cumin & pepper, cook over medium heat 8 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, crushed red pepper and corn or (canned mexicorn), bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until zucchini is beginning to soften.
- If mixture is too thick, add a little water (about 1/2 cup. or chicken broth).
- Top each serving with parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese. We like parmesan.
Delicious! I can actually have this great homestyle meal on my diet using ground sirloin, and I have missed so much having a dish like this. I wanted to, but didn't add any cheese, and realized that this is fabulous without it! I halved the recipe, but I did go ahead and add the 8 oz of tomato sauce because after adding half.....it just cried out for it!! (used no salt added tomato sauce). Just loved this....thanks Bakinbaby!
I bought too much Zucchini from the Amish market and Thsi was a great way to use it up
Made this almost as given, but did use slightly less cumin than called for! I also used fresh corn kernels from right off the cob, & the garlic cloves used were LARGE! The final touch was a sharp cheddar for me & the ol' parmesan for my other half! Will definitely keep hold of this recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]