Recipe by Chef m2little#400842
Taken from DaVita renal dietitian Jessica from Kansas. For diabetics and kidney disease.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄3 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups egg substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with paper muffin wrappers. Dice vegetables.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Crumble cooked bacon and combine with diced vegetables in a large bowl.
- Spoon mixture into cups, filling them 2/3 of the way, leaving room to add the egg mixture.
- In another bowl mix/beat egg/egg substitute with black pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into each muffin cup. Leave 1/4 inch at the top.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until muffins have risen and are firm.
- Remove muffins from pan and serve.
- Helpful Hints:.
- a. Freeze egg cups and rehear for a quick breakfast.
- b. Do not use foil muffin wrappers.