Chef m2little#400842's Note:
Taken from DaVita renal dietitian Jessica from Kansas. For diabetics and kidney disease.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with paper muffin wrappers. Dice vegetables.
- 2Cook bacon until crisp. Crumble cooked bacon and combine with diced vegetables in a large bowl.
- 3Spoon mixture into cups, filling them 2/3 of the way, leaving room to add the egg mixture.
- 4In another bowl mix/beat egg/egg substitute with black pepper.
- 5Pour egg mixture into each muffin cup. Leave 1/4 inch at the top.
- 6Bake 25 minutes, or until muffins have risen and are firm.
- 7Remove muffins from pan and serve.
- 8Helpful Hints:.
- 9a. Freeze egg cups and rehear for a quick breakfast.
- 10b. Do not use foil muffin wrappers.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baker Egg Cups
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.1
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 153.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 6.5 g