1/2 Photos of Baked Ziti With Thick Rich Meat Sauce
This does make enough to feed 12 very fillingly! Using Rich Thick Meat Sauce for a Crowd! which is a large amount that we top the baked ziti additional sauce and then freeze the remaining cooled sauce in 1 cup amounts for future use. The pasta is under cooked by 4 minutes it will finish when baked and it will absorb the liquid from the sauce making it yummier. This is very hearty, comforting, and satisfying because Mom's will know their families are getting many nutrients that they need.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -6 cups pasta sauce with meat (Rich Thick Meat Sauce for a Crowd!)
- 1 lb ziti pasta or 1 lb penne pasta, under cooked
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, slightly mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Prepare sauce and keep under a low flame.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3Mix the cheese mixture together.
- 4Mix pasta with 1/3 - 1/2 of the cheese mixture till creamy and gooey.
- 5Place 1 1/2 cups sauce in bottom of a 10x13 casserole dish.
- 6Top with 1/2 of the pasta.
- 7Spread the remaining cheese on the pasta.
- 8Top with 2-3 cups of the meat sauce.
- 9Top with remaining pasta; 1 cup sauce; 1 cup mozzarella; then top with grated cheese.
- 10Bake for 30 minutes. Placing foil on the rack below to catch any spillage that may occur for this is packed with goodness.
- 11Meanwhile let the sauce keep simmering to use if desired on top of the baked ziti.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Ziti With Thick Rich Meat Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.5
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 299.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pasta sauce with meat