Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another from the Goldbeck's Short-Order Cookbook. Its quick, easy, and tasty. You can try it with differently flavoured tomato sauces, or try it with your own. Add vegetables, whatever!
- 1⁄2 lb whole grain ziti pasta or 1⁄2 lb spiral shaped pasta or 1⁄2 lb shell pasta
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced low fat mozzarella
- Cook pasta in salted, boiling water until barely tender, about 10 minutes.
- Combine pasta, tomato sauce and ricotta in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Top with cheese slices.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 350F until very hot and cheese is melted.
I started to post my recipe, but this is so similar that I thought I would just add it to a review! The recipe I follow is exactly the same but doubled (use a whole box of ziti, jar of spaghetti sauce, and 15 oz container of ricotta). I stir all of it together except keep back about 1/2 the spaghetti sauce and pour it on top of the pasta/cheese mixture before topping with the extra cheese. I like it like this but my husband demands that cooked Italian sausage be stirred into his half before baking. Quite easy and yummy.
As you say: quick, easy and tasty, but you forgot to mention "versatile" ;;-) Adding some extra taste to the sauce (in my case by using chillis) is necessary, though.