Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
The complete casserole may be prepared and chilled for up to 8 hours, let stand at room temperature for about 25-30 minutes, then bake as directed.
- 2 2⁄3 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup quick-cooking grits
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese (cut into small pieces, use half of an 8-ounce package)
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan; add in the grits, cook stirring often for about 5 minutes or until thickened, remove from heat.
- Add in the cubed Velveeta cheese and butter; stir to combine until the cheese and butter has melted.
- Add in eggs; mix until combined.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top (as much as desired).
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until lightly browned.