Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Tasty change from meat.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 small onion, diced fine
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach, chopped fine
- 1 portabella mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups cooked millet
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds, skins removed, chopped
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with foil, lightly oil and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat sesame oil, add garlic through mushroom and saute lightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, by hand, combine the remaining ingredients. Add the sauteed vegetables, mixing gently and completely ( mixture needs to be similar in consistency to meat hamburgers, if too dry: add egg beater brand egg substitute, if too wet: add more breadcrumbs to bind ). Hand form into 4 - 6 burger size patties and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for approx 40 minutes or until golden. Ovens vary, check after 30 minutes.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns with choice of trimmings/ condiments.