Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Found in a Barilla Pasta cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth (reduced sodium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces tubini pasta or 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups roasted cooked chicken, chopped, skin removed
- 1⁄2 cup mild blue cheese, crumbled
- Melt butter in large saucepan placed over medium heat. Whisk in flour until blended; cook until bubbly.
- Slowly stir in milk and broth; whisk constantly over low heat until mixture is smooth and simmers, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup parmesan; remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350*. Cook tubini or penne pasta according to package directions. Add broccoliflorets to pasta pot after 6 minutes; stir and cook 4 minutes more.
- Remove pot from heat, stir in 1 cup cold water, and drainbroccoli-pasta mixture in colander.
- Combine pasta, broccoli, cheese sauce and chicken in a 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Sprinkle blue cheese crumbs and remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake until top is golden and mixture is bubbly, about 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
I add a little garlic powder (maybe 1/2 tsp.) along with some black pepper to the white sauce. I also probably used closer to 2 cups cooked chopped chicken breast, instead of 3 cups. Very good recipe! It's all ready in my keeper file.:)