Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are very easy to make and you can substitute anything for the preserves. Different flavors or peanut butter maybe?
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine (earth balance)
- 1⁄4 cup water (maybe less)
- 6 tablespoons apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease or flour a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flours (you can use whatever flour you want).
- Add the margarine and cut into flour with pastry cutter or fork, adding water as needed.
- Divide dough into 4 equal sized balls, and on a floured surface, roll each out one at a time into a rectangle shape.
- On one half of the rectangle, spread about a tablespoon and a half of filling, leaving an edge of dough visible.
- Fold dough over to cover the jam and use a fork to connect the edges.
- Place them on the cookie sheet and bake for 12-18 minutes.
This is a wonderful recipe. I usually use half reg and half whole wheat flour.