Recipe by Chef Sunshine
Yummy and healthy recipe! Can help you cure that sweet tooth without going overboard! Tip: Bake several sweet potatoes at once and keep them for quick meals. Pick small ones or cut them in 4-ounce pieces to cook.
- 1 small sweet potato (4 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub the sweet potato under running water. Dry and wrap in foil.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until soft.
- In the meantime, mix the yogurt, honey and mustard together. (*mustard is optional in this step, but is best to use mustard the first time to determine if you like that flavor*).
- Set aside.
- Put the walnuts on a small baking sheet or pie plate. Toast them in the oven for 5-7 minutes near the end of the sweet potato cooking time. Shake them occasionally and watch them so they don't burn.
- To serve, cut the sweet potato in half, spoon with the yogurt sauce and sprinkle with the toasted walnuts.