Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- In large skillet, brown ground beef and onion, cooking until onion is tender.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Combine cottage cheese, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley and egg.
- Spoon cheese mixture into shells.
- Arrange shells cheese side up in 13x9" baking dish.
- Pour tomato sauce over shells.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 deg for 30 min.
- Remove cover; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Continue bake 15 min.