Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Something delicious to do with those huge summer garden zucchinis! If we had leftover marinara sauce in the fridge, we would drizzle some on the stuffed zucchini before baking. Please use salt and pepper to taste when cooking the ground meat and zucchini filling.
- 1 large zucchini
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground meat in skillet.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the"meat" inside.
- In separate skillet, add olive oil and saute garlic and onion until tender.
- Add the cut up zucchini filling and cook until softened.
- Remove from heat and add grated cheese, parsley and browned meat.
- Stuff the shell of the zucchini and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
Very good, however I used ground pork and I also added a bit of red pepper for color.
My hubby loved this - I thought it was lacking something and we had increased the cheese to about 2 cups (asiago and provolone)and added some italian seasonings. Perhaps some tomato ??