1 hr 7 mins
This recipe is from the "Horn of the Moon" cookbook. Their recipes are excellent. The Tofu-Tahini sauce adds protein and delicious flavor to a simple meal
My Private Note
side di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium butternut squash, cut in half, seeds scooped out
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package firm tofu or 1 (8 ounce) package medium firm tofu, mashed
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon tamari (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Bake squash cut side down, 400F degrees oven for 45 minutes.
- 2While squash is baking, In a skillet heat oil, saute onions, ginger, garlic, dill weed& basil.
- 3Cook over medium heat until they begin to brown.
- 4Add chopped Pepper, continue to cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, put the tofu in a saucepan, add tahini and mix well.
- 6Slowly add the water and cook over low heat, stirring with a whisk until sauce is thoroughly combined.
- 7Add flour to the sauted veggies.
- 8Combine veggies and the tahini-tofu sauce.
- 9Continue to simmer on very low heat Add tamari and pepper (add more water if the sauce gets too thick).
- 10Mix in parsley and serve over squash.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Stuffed Butternut Squash, Vegetarian
Serving Size: 1 (1138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1056.7
- Calories from Fat 563
- Total Fat 62.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 627.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.3 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 34.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: