Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A spicy beef and bean filling is all bundled up in a south-of-the-border burrito.
Make and share this Baked Steak Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef boneless sirloin tip steaks, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package flour tortillas, for soft tacos & fajitas (12 tortillas)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 400°F In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in taco seasoning mix. Add beef strips; cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired doneness; drain.
- Meanwhile, place refried beans in microwavable dish. Microwave uncovered on High 2 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Spread each tortilla with refried beans to within 1/4 inch of edge. Top each with beef, Cheddar cheese and onions. Roll up, folding in sides. In ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, place burritos with seam sides down. Pour enchilada sauce over burritos. Sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend.
- Bake uncovered 7 to 12 minutes or until burritos are thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
These were very good! Even my picky mother loved them. I left out the onions and used refried black beans. I also made my own enchilada sauce. I will definitely make these again. Thanks!!
This was the best Baked Steak Burritos that we have ever had. I used Homemade Taco Seasoning for the taco seasoning and Old El Paso brand refried beans and enchilada sauce. I added more cheese than called for too since we love lots of cheese. I let the steak strips simmer in saucepan for 25 minutes, making sure they were tender for the burritos. It was a excellent meal! Served a mexican rice and corn on the cob with this dish. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!!
We loved these! The cooking method on the sirloin steak produced flavorful meat that was very tender. Thank you for posting Looney!