Recipe by looneytunesfan
A spicy beef and bean filling is all bundled up in a south-of-the-border burrito.
Top Review by sbera007
These were very good! Even my picky mother loved them. I left out the onions and used refried black beans. I also made my own enchilada sauce. I will definitely make these again. Thanks!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef boneless sirloin tip steaks, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package flour tortillas, for soft tacos & fajitas (12 tortillas)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in taco seasoning mix. Add beef strips; cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired doneness; drain.
- Meanwhile, place refried beans in microwavable dish. Microwave uncovered on High 2 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Spread each tortilla with refried beans to within 1/4 inch of edge. Top each with beef, Cheddar cheese and onions. Roll up, folding in sides. In ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, place burritos with seam sides down. Pour enchilada sauce over burritos. Sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend.
- Bake uncovered 7 to 12 minutes or until burritos are thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.