Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe from a Weight Watchers meeting and it has become one of my most favorite recipes! You could probably make it into a dessert by adding a crisp/crumble topping to it or by serving it over ice cream but I love it all by itself!! (2 points per serving)
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed into bite size pieces or 20 ounces precut squash
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄4 cup cold light margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place squash & apples in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Blend rest of ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle on squash and apples.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.
Definitely a fun dish to make. I used more than 2 c of squash and I really think you could just use the entire squash! My butter mixture didn't turn out crumbly at all, more like a frosting that I just spooned over top.
mmm YUM!!! was hunting for a recipe for squash for a crowd of 20, so scaled this one up and used it, it was perfect and a huge hit with everyone!! very easy to put together and had almost a "holiday fair" flavour. Everyone wanted the recipe. Our margarine was soft and so the topping became a spread which melted down into the squash and apples and made mouthwatering sweetness!! I will certainly make it for a crowd again, thanks so much for posting it. loved that it was low cal, low carb, ww recipe, we have several diabetics to feed and they thouroughly enjoyed it without guilt!!
I love this recipe!! I got this one from a WW meeting last fall and made it for Thanksgiving...everyone LOVED it! Thanks for posting this, I lost it in a move earlier this year!