Recipe by nope
These are crispy, completely delicious and totally fat-free. In fact, we'll bet you like them more than the deep-fried fast-food variety.
Top Review by Kerry G
I must admit, I was a bit disappointed by these. First of all, I made them exactly as the recipe called for (except I used garlic salt instead of table salt). The fries were good and coated when i put them in the oven, but when I took them out almost all the coating was baked to the bottom of the pan and the potatoes were bare. I also found the fries to be rather bland, probably because most of the seasoned coating didn't adhere, and found myself having to re-season them before serving them. I will probably try these again in the future, but maybe i'll toss them in the egg and then sprinkle the dry ingredients over the top, and I'll definitely double the called-for amount of spices.
- 2 egg whites
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 3.69 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml table salt
- 2 large potatoes, sliced lengthwise into 1/2 " X 1/2-inch steak fries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; toss to coat. Transfer to the baking sheet.
- Bake until potatoes are barely tender, about 15 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to broil; broil until crispy, about 10 minutes. Serve at once.