Roasted Chickpeas - Ww Core
These are a wonderful alternative to nuts. Snack on them, or use them to top salads. You can easily double this recipe, store them in zip-top bags or airtight containers. You can also experiment with various spices or seasoning mixes in addition to the garlic powder.
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas.
- Lightly coat baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Spread chickpeas on baking sheet and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Bake on bottom rack of oven, shaking pan every 15 minutes. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until browned and crunchy. Cool completely before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I followed the recipe exactly except for the instructions. I find it difficult to get the flavors over everything when I season them in a baking pan. so, I tossed everything into a bowl, seasoned them (adding a bit more of each seasoning) and mixed thoroughly. I also roasted them on the middle rack in my oven. Before roasting I sprinkled a bit more of the seasonings over the top. I like spicy and hot! : ) They came our very crunchy and delicious. EDITED TO SAY: I originally gave this recipe 5 stars but, unfortunately, I had to take away a couple of stars because once put into a plastic bag for storage, they did not stay crunchy and were very soft and some were even hollow. I took them out of the bag and left them uncovered, some crunched up again but some were still soft. : ( This is a yummy treat but there has got to be a way to keep that nice crunch.Reply