Recipe by Lainey39
This hearty Italian dish makes a simple spaghetti dinner without meat. Use homemade marinara sauce or a good bottled kind for an easy dinner. Add some garlic bread and a salad and you're all set. This recipe is from Good Housekeeping.
Top Review by wilsontricia
I saw this on the Travel Channel & my husband has always asked me to make it. I am Italian and honestly never did but finally today was the day. Like on the show I added some of the sauce to the cheese mixture along with some of the mozzarella cheese. Some Italian seasoning didn't hurt either!! Looks like this will become a regular!! Thank you for sharing, the best part it was very easy, maybe next time the husband will make it since it was so easy!!!
- 226.79 g spaghetti
- 2 large eggs
- 425.24 g container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 177.44 ml fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 29.58 ml fresh romano cheese, grated
- 709.77-946.36 ml marinara sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 9-inch glass pie plate.
- In large bowl, with fork, beat eggs.
- Stir ricotta and Parmesan cheese until blended.
- Add spaghetti to ricotta mixture and stir until well coated.
- Transfer spaghetti mixture to prepared pie plate; top with marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Romano cheese.
- Bake pie 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes for easier serving.
- Cut into wedges to serve.