Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This hearty Italian dish makes a simple spaghetti dinner without meat. Use homemade marinara sauce or a good bottled kind for an easy dinner. Add some garlic bread and a salad and you're all set. This recipe is from Good Housekeeping.
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh romano cheese, grated
- 3 -4 cups marinara sauce
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 9-inch glass pie plate.
- In large bowl, with fork, beat eggs.
- Stir ricotta and Parmesan cheese until blended.
- Add spaghetti to ricotta mixture and stir until well coated.
- Transfer spaghetti mixture to prepared pie plate; top with marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Romano cheese.
- Bake pie 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes for easier serving.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
I saw this on the Travel Channel & my husband has always asked me to make it. I am Italian and honestly never did but finally today was the day. Like on the show I added some of the sauce to the cheese mixture along with some of the mozzarella cheese. Some Italian seasoning didn't hurt either!! Looks like this will become a regular!! Thank you for sharing, the best part it was very easy, maybe next time the husband will make it since it was so easy!!!
This pie is awesome, its one of the best things Ive ever made! YUM! Lainey, this is a true winner, its so easy to make, comes together quite quickly (even when using a home-made pasta sauce like I did) and tastes sooo good! The pie spaghetti base is creamy and sets up very nicely and the tomato cheese topping is the perfect fruity counterpart.
I reduced the ricotta by 100 g and used the lesser amount of tomato sauce, which was perfect. Also I used whole wheat spaghetti. Ill definitely make this again! :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing it with us, Lainey!
Made and reviewed for Everyday Tag Game october 2011.
I added lots of garlic to the cheese mixture, and topped with Mozz just about 5 min before removing from the stove. My kids loved this!