Recipe by Elizardbeth
Quick and easy pasta recipe
Top Review by CarrolJ
This baked pasta dish is wonderful! I used macaroni because it was what I had on hand! I was worried about putting the red pepper flakes in this because I thought it would be too spicey. Wrong!!! This is very very tasty and full of flavor. Thanks Elizardbeth for a new pasta dish for our family! Made for PAC Fall 2009. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=310505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 cups water
- 12 ounces whole wheat penne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In oven proof skilled cook garlic, olive oil, and red pepper flakes for 5 minutes or until garlic is browned.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes, sugar, water, penne, and salt.
- Cook on medium heat for 15-18 minutes. If penne gets too dry add a little water.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Once penne is cooked, stir in cream, parmesan, basil, and pepper.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes until top is crispy.
- Serve with a nice salad and some garlic bread on the side.