1/2 Photos of Baked Shortbread Apple Dessert
Just a lovely comforting dessert that I've enjoyed making over the years and a nice change from the standard baked apple pie. It is great using the Girl Scout Shortbread cookies too. You can also substitute the shortbread cookies with oatmeal cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 6 tablesppons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add cookie crumbs, 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- 3Stir over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- 4Transfer crumbs to a bowl and set aside.
- 5Add remaining 2 tbls. butter, the sliced apples, 1 tbls. sugar and lemon juice to skillet.
- 6Cover and cook over medium heat until apples are tender, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 7Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 8In a 2 quart casserole dish, layer half of the apples and half of the crumbs.
- 9Top with remaining apples, crumbs and then the almonds.
- 10Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown.
- 11Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Shortbread Apple Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.9
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.9 mg
- Sodium 243.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 32.7 g
- Protein 3.8 g