Recipe by Sharlene~W
A fairly quick and easy to make casserole with an Asian flair.
Top Review by Prana Princess
This was a huge hit with the entire family!! My 7 yr old is a very picky eater and she loved it; my DH is twitchy about anything that may be "too" spicy and he declared this to have "just the right amount of heat." I stuck to the recipe as written (as I usually do when trying something for the first time) and honestly, I think it's perfect just the way it is. Thank you so much for sharing. This is definitely a keeper for our house!
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper, strips
- 8 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups thinly sliced bok choy
- 3⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt and fat (be sure to break pasta in half).
- Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a large enough skillet or wok.
- Add red bell pepper strips and mushrooms, saute 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, ginger, and garlic; saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce, cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Combine broth and cornstarch, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add broth mixture to pan and cook 2 minutes or until mixture is slightly thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in sherry, vinegar and crushed red pepper.
- Add pasta, bok choy, green onions, and 2 teaspoons of the sesame seeds.
- Toss well to combine and then spoon into an 8-inch square casserole dish that has been lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle remaining teaspoon of sesame seeds evenly over the pasta mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.