Recipe by echo echo
Elegant scallops, baked in a sherry sauce. Use onions in place of scallions if you want a sharper taste.
Top Review by anme
Great recipe! I scaled this down to serve 2 people and put it in a small but really deep casserole. I kinda went over load with the bread crumbs and cheese lol but it was great! I had to use dried parslet so I used 1 tsp of that and canned mushrooms... I know I big no no, but it still turned out yummy! I used about 1 or 2 tsp worcesterhire sauce and thought it was just fine. Great recipe, a def make again!
- 2 lbs sea scallops, washed, patted dry and halved crosswise
- 1 lemon, sliced 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup buttered soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, place scallops in water to just cover, add lemon and parsley, bring to a boil and boil 2 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid and removing scallops to a plate.
- In a small skillet, sauté scallions and mushrooms in 2 Tbs butter 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Melt 3 Tbs butter in the saucepan and stir in flour to blend. Gradually add the reserved scallops liquid, plus worcestershire, salt and pepper to taste, stirring continuously until smooth and thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in sherry. Add scallops and onion-mushroom mixture.
- Turn into a greased baking dish; sprinkle with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350F 10-15 minutes.