Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Simply Seafood by Vicki Emmons. Haven't made this yet but it sounds delicious. You'll need a ramekin or small baking dish for easch portion. I can see adding scallions as a garnish.
- 2 lbs scallops
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs, can use cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Cut scallops in half or into quarters, depending on their size.
- Dry well with paper towels.
- Melt the butter with the honey and set aside.
- Roll the scallops in the bread or cracker crumbs and divide them equally into 4-6 individual greased ramekins or small baking dishes.
- Whisk the oil into the honey-butter blend and drizzle evenly over each portion of scallops.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 475 degrees F.
Been using this recipe for over 25ys. Best.
Fantastic flavor and super easy!