Baked Ricotta, Honey & Strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 300°F/150°C Line the bottom of four 4-inch-/10-cm-diameter springform cake pans with parchment paper. Using a metal spoon, push the ricotta through a fine sieve and into a large bowl.
- Whisk the sugar, honey, egg yolks, lemon juice and zest into the ricotta to blend well. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites in another large bowl until firm peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the ricotta mixture.
- Spoon the ricotta mixture into the prepared cake pans. Place the pans on the center rack in the oven. Place a baking sheet on the bottom shelf in the oven to catch any drippings from the cakes. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the cakes puff and are just set in the center. Remove the cakes from the oven and cool about 20 minutes. The cakes will sink as they cool.
- Toss the strawberries and honey in a bowl to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes or until juices form.
- Unlock and remove the pan sides from the cakes. Remove the cakes from the pan bottoms and transfer to individual serving plates. Spoon the strawberries atop the cakes. Drizzle some of the strawberry juices around the cakes. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.