Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Talk About Good II "The Book of Cajun Cuisine" You can use any fish with a white, flaky texture such as speckled trout, red fish, bass or tilapia.
- 4 (6 ounce) red snapper fillets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 bunch green onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season filets with salt and pepper.
- Saute onion in butter in saucepan on top of stove.
- Place seasoned filets in pyrex baking dish and pour butter-onion mixture on top.
- Cook for 30 minutes, occasionally spooning butter over filets.
- When fish are tender and flake, remove from oven and sprinkle green onions on top.
Great easy recipe. I substituted fresh dill for the green onions and it was perfect.