Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are wonderful appetizers that can be whipped together fast and baked while you entertain. Or they make just a nice snack for the family. They are great "as is", or passed with sour cream, guacamole and salsa separately.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies, drained
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 4 eggs, beaten to blend
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- additional salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 13x9-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle cheeses in bottom. Top with chilies.
- Combine milk, baking mix and eggs in large bowl and beat until smooth. Carefully pour over chilies and cheese. Top with 1/4 cup salsa.
- Bake until puffed and golden, 25-30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
This was not what I expected out of this recipe, but was very good. It turned out more like a casserole. Loved the spice of the chilies. I think next time I'll add a little more salsa to the top. Thanks for sharing. Made for Tic-Tac-Toe