Recipe by Pinay0618
Awesome recipe from what is possibly the very best food blog on the internet, Budget Bytes.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Great for school day breakfasts. This is one of my favorite baked oatmeal recipes, both for flavor and nutrition. I don't add the yogurt, just serve with vanilla soy milk drizzled over. Stays moist, reheats beautifully, and freezes well. Love the BudgetBytes blog! I've made a lot of her recipes and have always been happy with the results. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking powder until smooth. Whisk in the milk (and yogurt if using).
- Mix the dry oats into the pumpkin mixture. Coat an 8 x 8 baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour in the pumpkin oat mixture. Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, removing the foil after the first 30 minutes.
- Serve hot right out of the oven or refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be eaten cold or reheated. Top with milk, maple syrup, whipped cream, or nuts.