Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
An idea remembered from Girl Scout camp, these potatoes are tasty and fun. You can also make them on the grill. From the cookbook Lean and Luscious and Meatless.
- 4 medium potatoes, unpeeled
- 4 medium onions (Try to find onions that are about the same diameter as the potatoes.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice each potato, crosswise, into 4 thick slices.
- Slice each onion, crosswise, into 3 thick slices.
- Put potatoes together, placing an onion slice between each of the potato slices.
- Wrap potato tightly in foil.
- Bake 1 hour.
This recipe lived up to Whisper’s promise that it was quick to make, so it’s a great recipe for times – and isn’t that just TOO MUCH of the time – when we just don’t have much time! I was a bit concerned the potato and onion might stick to the foil, so I brushed a little bit of olive oil on each piece of foil, and sprinkled the potatoes with some garlic salt and dried oregano. Then left them unattended to bake! They were delicious. A great accompaniment to so many other dishes, particularly ones which are demanding on time, but I do think they did need the addition of herbs. Thanks, Whisper, for a great recipe that I’ll certainly experiment with some more.