Recipe by Lainey6605
A delicious appetizer from Rachael Ray magazine.
Top Review by puppitypup
LOVED THEM! Lainey, this is going to be added to buffet menu for all future parties! Quick, easy and so good - you can't beat that! I used regular baking potatoes rather than red, otherwise made as directed. Especially loved the cream cheese/sour cream mixture. Thank you for posting! Made for Photo Tag, please see my rating system. I promise to raise this to 5 stars as soon as I make again.
- 4 red potatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds and patted dry
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Place the potato rounds on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss with the olive oil, season with salt and arrange in a single layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crisp; crumble and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream and cream cheese until smooth.
- Arrange the potato slices on a platter in a single layer and top each round with a dollop of the sour cream mixture, some bacon bits and the chives.
- Serve warm.