Recipe by KelBel
The recipe calls for cube steak but you can substitute the steak for boneless skinless chicken breast. Serve with pasta and salad.
Top Review by Terri Newell
Easy and tasty. I only had round steaks, so I pounded them with a meat mallet before dredging. I also added more veggies to the sauce - red pepper and mushrooms - to ramp up the nutrition.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6 ounce) beef cube steaks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Combine flour and salt in a shallow dish. Dip cube steaks into flour mixture, coating well.
- Heat oil in a 12in. skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add cube steaks; reduce heat to medium. Cook until browned on both sides. 4-6 minutes.
- Place browned cube steaks in a 3qt. baking dish. Top with mushrooms and onions. Spoon pizza sauce over top. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake steaks 30 minutes Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella. Continue baking uncovered until steaks are fork-tender and sauce thickens about 30 minutes.