This recipe is from The Delforge Place Bed & Breakfast in Fredericksburg, Texas. Use the best ripe pears you can find! Great as dessert or for Christmas morning or anytime you want to do something special for your friends and family.
- Core pears but do not peel.
- Place in greased 9" square pan.
- Combine oats, sugar, spices and butter until crumbly.
- Stuff pears letting excess fall into pan.
- Pour 3/4 cup apple juice into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour, basting after 30 minutes. Add more juice if necessary.
- Cool 30 minutes before serving.