Recipe by busyozmum
Found this online a couple of years ago and it is probably my most made tofu recipe. Easy to prepare and delicious. Once you've made this, you can adjust individual ingredients to your liking. I sometimes add just a little more peanut butter. (Preparation time includes marinading time)
Top Review by Babybub
I agree with Hadice. It's very salt (in fact, I had to sprinkle on some powdered sugar to cut the salt). I think it could be good with some modifications but as it is, it's not very good.
- 750 g extra firm tofu (I have used 500g succesfully)
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger or 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Press as much moisture out of the block of tofu as you can.
- Mix all other ingredients in a shallow baking dish.
- If your marinade ingredients are not blending well together, try warming them just a little in the microwave. This will soften the peanut butter a bit and they should all blend well together.
- Cut tofu into approx 1/4 inch (1 cm) slices.
- Lay the tofu slices into the marinade and carefully turn to coat all pieces evenly.
- Place into fridge to marinade for at least 1 hour.
- bake at 180C (350F) for 25-30 minutes.