Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I had various ingredients I wanted to use up and this is what developed. The family loved it, so it's being entered here for posterity.
- 1 lb cooked pasta, farfalle, penne, ziti, etc., drained
- 8 ounces bacon, cut into dice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 leeks, cut lengthwise and sliced
- 2 bunches swiss chard, cut in 1/2 inch crosswise
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 small eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat gouda cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups edam cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- Saute bacon until just starting to crisp. Add garlic and leeks and cook for 5 minutes. Add chard and cook a further 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and remove from heat. Stir in heavy cream, skim milk and eggs and combine well. Mix into pre-cooked pasta and pour into a large, greased baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 375F (190C) oven for 35-40 minutes, or until just lightly to go golden.