Recipe by mollypaul
A lovely side served with meat or poultry. From the Western Cookbook chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Best made with seedless oranges.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash oranges well.
- Place in a large saucepan and cover with water; boil for 30 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F and butter a baking dish.
- When cool enough to handle, cut off a small slice at blossom end and remove the core and seeds (if any).
- Put 1 tablespoons of sugar and one teaspoon of butter in the center of each.
- Place filled oranges in buttered dish and carefully fill dish to 2/3 full with water.
- Bake for 2 hours.