Recipe by msintrepid
Wonderful to have on hand for the holidays, or to give as gifts
Top Review by Gay Gilmore
I used a mix of nicose and kalamata olives. Served warm as a Thanksgiving appetizer with #12217 Lox Cornicopia. I should have baked these in a more shallow pan, so they would have cooked faster. Will make again. Love the way it looks on a plate with all of the baked herbs and crinkly olive skins.
- 1 lb black olives (not canned - use Nicoise or Kalamata)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain oilves.
- Place in shallow round baking dish.
- Put garlic and herbs, tucking herbs in and around olives.
- Bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Store in Refridgerator in glass jar, covering with olive oil so that olive are submerged in the oil.