Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
DH loves baked oatmeal so I am always looking for new ways to make it. This is my version of a recipe I fond on the internet. *10 minute cool time not included.
- 2 cups rolled oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄8 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded (2 carrots)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- yogurt or milk, for topping
- Combine wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Bake in sprayed 8"pan at 350 for 35-45 minutes.
- Let cool about 10 minutes to set-up a bit before serving.
- Serve with yogurt or milk.
I mixed this up the night before, covered and placed it in the refrigerator. It was set out on the counter for about 20 to 30 minutes before putting in the preheated oven. I used fresh pineapple that was chopped in the food processor and chopped the carrots fine instead of grating. In place of Splenda, I opted to use organic brown sugar. The oatmeal was served topped with a dollop of Greek yogurt. It really does taste like carrot cake.
This is so deliious!! I really like the idea of making it the night before - what a great way to get an easy start in the morning! I'm with loof, too - I'll add nuts next time. I wasn't sure if I was to add the juice with the pineapple (I was using canned), but I don't think adding some would be a bad thing at all. Great recipe, Deb (then again, your are always great!) Made for PRMR Tag.