Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Classics that make cents.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley (Flat Leaf)
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 1 (48 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) packages spaghetti
- Prepare over to 400°F, in a large bowl combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic parsley, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste. Shape into 1 1/2-inch meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a metal rack coated with nonstick cooking spray. Place rack on a foil-lined baking pan. Bake 20 minutes or until meatballs are browned and an instant-read thermometer registers 155°F.
- Place marinara sauce in a large, heavy pot over medium heat,; bring to boiling. Add meatballs; reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti al dente according to package directions. Drain; set aside. Serve meatballs with spaghetti, and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.