Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a friend. These are absolutely delicious!
- 6 -7 large potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄8 lb hard salami, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Boil until tender and drain.
- Mash potatoes and add 6 T of the butter and then the milk.
- Stir and whip until potatoes are smooth.
- Add mozzarella, romano cheese and salami.
- Stir to blend.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use 1 T of the remaining butter to grease the bottom and sides of a high-sided casserole dish.
- Coat the bottom and sides with breadcrumbs.
- Spoon potato mixture into the dish and dot the top with the butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the top is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Be careful - this dish is very hot when it comes out of the oven.
very yummy! made without the salami though since DH doesn't like it.
YUM! these baked mashed potatoes was wonderful. The flavor of the hard salami gave off a smoky taste, we thought. The only thing I did different than the recipe called for was boil my potatoes with 2 chicken bouillon cubes and I also used whipping cream in place of just milk. DH loves anything potatoes and he really enjoyed these. Thanks so much for sharing your friends recipe :)