Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious hearty breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- In a large oven-proof skillet, saute the peppers, onion, and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute over medium-low heat for about 5-10 minutes or until the veggies are tender and the mushroom liquid has evaporated.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, potatoes, parmesan, parsley, salt, and pepper; whisk until the mixture is well mixed.
- Stir in the vegetable mixture.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining olive oil.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until set.
- Cut the omelet into wedges and serve warm.