Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Not the usual macaroni and cheese. This recipe includes stewed tomatoes and cream of cheddar soup. My DH is not a lover of mac&cheese dinners but he really likes this recipe because of the added tomatoes. I got this from Allrecipes posted by Renee
- 453.59 g macaroni
- 283.49 g can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 354.88 ml milk
- 396.89 g extra sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 411.06 g can stewed tomatoes
- 59.14 ml dry breadcrumbs
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, warm soup and add milk; stir. Add 1/4 of cheese to soup and remove mixture from heat when cheese is melted.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Add macaroni and tomatoes to soup; stir and pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with bread crumbs and remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 40 minutes or until the cheese is a golden brown; serve.